Mick Rogers Website
HomepageRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Lundqvist from the right faceoff circle

Reply to topic    Mick Rogers Forum Index » Forum View previous topic
View next topic
Lundqvist from the right faceoff circle
officialsbaseball

Post Lundqvist from the right faceoff circle Reply with quote
CHICAGO (AP) — Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers didn’t miss when it really mattered.McDavid scored 53 seconds into overtime to lift the Oilers to their third straight win Adidas Michael Ferland Jersey , 2-1 over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday.After Patrick Kane and Brandon Saad got caught deep in the Chicago zone, McDavid finished a 2-on-1 break, taking a cross-ice feed from Leon Draisaitl and beating Cam Ward from the low edge of left circle for his eighth goal.With only Chicago defenseman Erik Gustafsson back, Draisaitl made the perfect pass and McDavid buried the shot to give him goals in four straight games.“We’re fortunate to have those two,” Oilers coach Todd McLellan said. “They feel real comfortable in those situations. They wait for their moments and they make them count.”Along with four goals, McDavid has two assists in his last four games. Overall, he has a point in nine of 10 games.“We’ve got some skill,” McDavid said. “Even if it’s not me and Leon, it’s some of our D jumping in and up and down the lineup. And we know how to play 3-on-3. It’s different style hockey that we all seem to understand.”Cam Talbot stopped 31 shots as Edmonton improved to 3-1 in overtime games. Chicago is 3-3 in contests that go beyond regulation.“We didn’t give them a whole lot Adidas Jordan Schroeder Jersey ,” Talbot said. “I thought we stayed poised, calm and collected. Connor and Leon did what Connor and Leon do all the time.”Chicago’s Brent Seabrook and Edmonton’s Zack Kassian scored in the first period.Kane, Chicago’s leading scorer, assisted on Seabrook’s goal to extend his point streak to six games. Kane entered with an NHL-leading 11 goals and has been held without a point only once in 12 games.Ward made 24 saves as the Blackhawks rebounded with a tighter defensive effort following a 7-3 loss at St. Louis on Saturday.“It was a concerning game going in,” Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said. “It was interesting to see how we responded.“I thought our first (period) was ordinary, but our last two were OK. We took a point and you hope you get a second one.”The Oilers and Blackhawks play again at Edmonton on Thursday in their second of three meetings.Seabrook opened the scoring at 11:02 of the first period, completing a give-and-go with Kane during a 5-on-3 power-play for his second goal this season.Seabrook passed from the blue line to Kane in the right circle. Seabrook then slipped through the slot, took Kane’s return feed and beat Talbot high on the glove side.Kassian’s first goal tied it 1-all with 1:34 left in the period to cap a flurry around the Chicago net following a faceoff. Ward made a pad save on Darnell Nurse’s shot from the point, and then Jujhar Khaira flipped the rebound off the crossbar.Kassian corralled the loose puck at the right side of the net and scooped it in with Ward sprawled on the ice.Chicago outshot Edmonton 13-7 in the scoreless second. Talbot stopped Nick Schmaltz on a breakaway 3:22 into the period and Marcus Kruger close in with 2:20 left.Tobias Rieder shot wide on a short-handed 2-on-1 break midway through the scoreless third. Talbot stopped Erik Gustafsson from the slot with 17 seconds left in regulation.NOTES: Oilers C Draisaitl and D Adam Larsson took regular shifts on Sunday after both sustained messy injuries in the second period at Nashville on Saturday Adidas Chris Kunitz Jersey , and then returned in that game to help Edmonton win 5-3. Draisaitl was high-sticked above the left eye and Larsson was struck by a puck in the mouth against the Predators. Larsson skated on Sunday with a protective cage mask. … D Jan Rutta, C John Hayden and LW Chris Kunitz were healthy scratches for Chicago. D Evan Bouchard, C Cooper Marody and RW Jesse Puljujarvi sat out for Edmonton.UP NEXTOilers: Host Minnesota on Tuesday.Blackhawks: At Vancouver on Wednesday to start a three-game Western Canada trip. OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) The Ottawa Senators‘ quick start led to an early exit for Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist.Derick Brassard had a goal and two assists and Ottawa defeated the New York Rangers 6-3 on Saturday.Lundqvist allowed five goals on 27 shots before being replaced by Brandon Halverson with 13 minutes remaining.Article continues below ...Halverson stopped five of the six shots he faced for New York in his NHL debut.Matt Duchene and Mark Stone both added a goal and an assist for Ottawa, which has won two straight. Craig Anderson also stopped 35 shots and Johnny Oduya, Magnus Paajarvi and Thomas Chabot also scored.Chabot’s wraparound goal off Nick Holden’s skate at 7:27 of the third period put Ottawa ahead 5-2 and led to Lundqvist being pulled.However, the goal did require a video review to confirm the puck did cross the line.”I saw it from my angle since I was behind the net,” Chabot said. ”I saw it going off his skate and off his pad.”It was kind of tough for the ref to see but I saw it from behind the net. It’s in our style of play now to attack a little more and support the forwards and it’s not just me, but other guys did a good job of jumping into the play.”Michael Grabner had two goals and Mika Zibanejad also scored for the Rangers Adidas Brandon Manning Jersey , who’ve lost three straight.”It’s a tough situation right now,” Lundqvist said. ”I think we’re doing a lot of good things, but I also feel we’re beating ourselves.”There’s plays where we’re there but we’re not. Until we fix that we’re not going to win a lot of games. You can look at the goalie and say he needs to make more saves, but … I have stretches where I feel I can play better, but I feel I’m tracking the puck pretty good and one-on-one I feel pretty good, but clearly it’s not enough.”Grabner scored his second of the game at 15:11 of the third cutting the Rangers’ deficit to 5-3. But Paajarvi scored at 17:15 to give the Senators their 6-3 advantage.Stone opened the scoring at 1:03 of the first when he beat Lundqvist from the slot after taking a pass from Brassard, who was behind the Rangers’ goal. It was Stone’s first goal in eight games and his fourth game back after missing nine with an injury.Oduya made it 2-0 by beating Lundqvist from the right faceoff circle at 12:07. Oduya moved in from the point and took a pass from captain Erik Karlsson.The Rangers responded before the end of the period. Grabner chopped at a puck at the top of the crease and just barely put it past Anderson, who got a piece of the puck, cutting Ottawa’s lead to 2-1 at 16:01.Duchene restored Ottawa’s two-goal lead at 11:59 of the second Adidas Cam Ward Jersey , tipping Cody Ceci’s point shot past Lundqvist.Zibanejad split the Senators’ defense and avoided an Anderson poke check to score at 14:31 but Brassard countered at 18:53 redirecting Mark Borowiecki’s pass past Lundqvist.”As a team we’re making more plays, we have more confidence and there’s good chemistry among the guys,” Brassard said of the Senators, who have six wins in their past nine games.”The three lines complement each other, our defense are active and they support well. We’re all on the same page.”NOTES: Alex Burrows, Ryan Dzingel and Fredrik Claesson were scratches for the Senators. … Cody McLeod, Ryan McDonagh and Alexandar Georgiev didn’t play for the Rangers. … Burrows was serving the fifth game of a 10-game suspension for kneeing New Jersey’s Taylor Hall in the head.UP NEXT:The Rangers host the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday.The Senators visit the Nashville Predators on Monday.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:43 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Mick Rogers Forum Index » Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: