Mick Rogers Website
HomepageRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
I think we’re going to be a hard team

Reply to topic    Mick Rogers Forum Index » Forum View previous topic
View next topic
I think we’re going to be a hard team
officialsbaseball

Post I think we’re going to be a hard team Reply with quote
SAN JOSE Authentic Jarvis Landry Jersey , Calif. (AP) Mikkel Boedker knew the Sharks‘ power play has been fizzling lately. He wasn’t about to miss another opportunity.Boedker scored San Jose’s first power-play goal in a month, helping lift the Sharks past the St. Louis Blues 2-0 on Thursday night.Tomas Hertl added an empty-net goal in the closing seconds, and Martin Jones made 16 saves for the Sharks, who have won three of four. San Jose has also won five of six at home.”It definitely felt good to get that in the back of the net,” Boedker said. ”We knew about the opportunities that we’d missed. I think we were 0 for 28, we knew that. We know what’s going on. It’s just a matter of sticking with it. We have All-Star players in this group that are going to dig us out of the hole.”Jake Allen recorded 34 saves and was the only healthy goalie with NHL experience available to the Blues. Carter Hutton was a late scratch and Ville Husso, who the Blues recalled from the AHL, will join the team in Los Angeles.”Jake was awesome,” Blues coach Mike Yeo said. ”It was a tough situation and he responded well. It was the most complete game he’s played in a while.”The Blues, losers of eight of their past nine, have had trouble getting the puck into the net lately, with 15 goals over their past nine games, including back-to-back shutouts. Carl Gunnarsson, Dmitri Jaskin, Vince Dunn Authentic Bradley Chubb Jersey , Tage Thompson and Vladimir Sobotka all have goalless streaks of at least 10 games.”The work ethic is there and the defensive focus was there,” Yeo said. ”It was way too many turnovers. You can’t create when you’re defending and chasing all night.”By contrast, the Sharks had scored 30 goals over their past nine games, though all had been at even strength. The Sharks had not scored on the power play since Feb. 8, a span of 12 games.”The boys played really well tonight. It’s the way we need to play moving forward,” Jones said. ”It’s a good thing if I’m not getting too many shots.”Boedker ended a streak of 39 consecutive even-strength goals with 7:48 left to play. He took a pass in front of the net from Joonas Donskoi and fired at Allen, who blocked the shot but the puck skipped off his pads and knuckled off the right post and into the net.”We know how important points are, and the guys were ready to play,” Sharks coach Peter DeBoer said. ”It wasn’t an easy game. The Blues battled hard, their goalie made some big saves. What I liked was our resiliency. We stuck with it, stuck with it, didn’t try and force it, knew that if we stayed with it long enough it would come and eventually we got rewarded.”The goal was set up when Kyle Brodziak was whistled for holding the stick, just the second Blues penalty of the game.”It’s hard to say what angle he had. The stick just came up in my arm,” Brodziak said. ”It was bad timing. I have to watch it carefully but at the time it didn’t feel like a penalty that would decide the game.”NOTES: Blues C Brayden Schenn appeared in his 500th NHL game. … Sharks F Timo Meier played in his 100th NHL game. … Hutton sustained a neck injury and St. Louis signed Palo Alto native Ben Wexler as an emergency backup for Thursday’s game. Wexler played hockey at Illinois.UP NEXTBlues: at Los Angeles on Saturday.Sharks: vs. Washington on Saturday.— LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alex Iafallo is starting his second season with the Los Angeles Kings on a line with a Hart Trophy finalist and a former No. 1 overall draft pick.The former undrafted free agent realizes his extraordinary good fortune to be alongside Anze Kopitar and Ilya Kovalchuk http://www.denverbroncosteamonline.com/bradley-chubb-jersey , and he’s determined to make the most of it.Iafallo scored two third-period goals and Kovalchuk had his first two NHL assists in nearly 5 ½ years, leading the Kings to a 4-2 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday night.Kopitar and Paul LaDue also scored as the Kings earned their first victory of the new season.Kovalchuk’s first point with the Kings also was his 400th career assist when he set up Kopitar’s goal in the second period. The Russian star then pounced on a puck near the corner during the third period and found Iafallo with a blind pass for the Kings’ third goal.Iafallo added an empty-netter, sealing the win and his promising performance alongside two NHL greats. The Kings’ top line combined for five points.“It’s a blast,” Iafallo said of his line assignment. “It’s pretty cool being out there with them, and learning from (Kovalchuk) and being able to pass to him.”With beautiful scoring passes to each of his new linemates, Kovalchuk recorded his first multipoint NHL game since April 25, 2013. Now 35 years old, the former No. 1 pick in the NHL draft joined the Kings this season after five years with SKA St. Petersburg.“It’s been pretty good, (but) just like our team’s game, there’s still room for improvement,” Kopitar said of his line. “We’ll chip away, keep getting better and create more chances and score goals.”Jack Campbell made 36 saves for the Kings in place of Jonathan Quick, who went on injured reserve with a lower-body injury sustained in practice Saturday. Campbell earned his third career NHL victory with several solid stops.“I thought he was terrific,” Los Angeles coach John Stevens said. “It was a really solid performance coming in on short notice.”Anthony Mantha and Dylan Larkin scored power-play goals for the Red Wings, and rookie defenseman Dennis Cholowski had two assists.Former Kings goalie Jonathan Bernier stopped 21 shots in his Detroit debut Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey , but a miscommunication with his defensemen allowed Kovalchuk to swoop in for the puck and the pass setting up Iafallo’s first goal.“I felt OK, but I take this loss on my shoulders,” Bernier said. “I thought we played a really good game. We gave up a couple of things, but we played solid. I’ve got to make better plays.”The Red Wings signed Bernier as a free agent in July. He was drafted 11th overall by Los Angeles in 2006 and was Quick’s backup on Los Angeles’ 2012 Stanley Cup championship team.After a scoreless first period, Kopitar got a slick pass from Kovalchuk and roofed a backhand for his second goal in the Kings’ two games.Iafallo’s first goal went into Bernier’s net in the third period after the goalie knocked it off its moorings, but officials allowed the goal to stand.Larkin got an unassisted goal off his own rebound late in the third, but Iafallo added an empty-netter.“At the end, there was a couple of costly mistakes and turnovers that they capitalized on,” Larkin said. “But we had a great start. We neutralized their heavy game by moving the puck quick in the offensive zone, and we had a ton of shots. If we play like that, I think we’re going to be a hard team to play against.”NOTES: Detroit D Trevor Daley left in the first period with an upper-body injury after falling when he apparently got his right skate blade caught between the boards and the ice. … Kings D Drew Doughty played in his 330th consecutive game, matching the franchise record set by Kopitar from 2007-11. … F Jaret Anderson-Dolan made his NHL debut for the Kings after becoming the youngest player to make Los Angeles’ roster since 1984. The 19-year-old’s family was in attendance at Staples Center.UP NEXTRed Wings: At Anaheim Ducks on Monday.Kings: Open four-game Canadian road trip at Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:53 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Mick Rogers Forum Index » Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: